Thursday, December 09, 2010

Back Again and a Little on Employment and Personal Responsibility

I tried coming back to The Hammond Report a few months ago but that didn't go very well. At work, I earned a fairly large promotion shortly after I restarted THR 2.0 which absorbed any time I had to blog. I have remained active on the Missoulian LTE, however but I really want to get back to blogging here.

I mentioned above that I earned a nice promotion and I want to expand on that a little. Back in the summer of 2008, I started sensing there was trouble brewing at my work and in the economy. Being the responsible person I am, I decided to actively start looking for another job and industry to enter. I started my new career shortly before the Democrat caused recession of 2008 started. Since then I have earned two promotions and am doing quite well. In fact, I bought my 16 year old son a very nice car last night with cash. It is a Ford, by the way, the only privately owned auto manufacturer in the US.


My point here is, I grew up in a lower middle class family during the 1970s and 1980s and learned that hard work, working smart and being responsible for yourself and family are the keys to success. Sometimes you have to move out of your comfort zone and venture out to do the things to take care of yourself and your family. It was very difficult and freighting for me to leave my previous job and employer but if I hadn't I would not have found my current situation which I love. I would have been laid off at my previous employer and then desperate to find a new job or go on unemployment. I'm proud of the fact I took the initiative when I sensed that things were going south and found myself a new job on my terms. I also started a small consulting business and have built the "infrastructure" so that if my current situation goes bad and I have trouble finding another job, I have something to fall back on.

Its all about personal responsibility. There are way to many Liberals out there who think the government should be taking care of capable people and there are too many capable people who allow the Liberals to take away their dignity and take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment