Monday, October 16, 2006

Burns Puts Taxes at Center of Campaign

The Missoulian ran their profile on Conrad Burns yesterday. In it, Burns declares that the race boils down to one thing - taxes. “I will tell you, that's what this election is all about,” Burns says. “He wants to repeal all of those tax cuts of 2001, 2002 and 2003.”

While Burns will protect those tax cuts, Tester will be more than comfortable in working to not renew them. I am one who enjoys keeping more of the money I earn. They don't need more than the +30% that they already take from me. I have little use for the government telling me that they know better on how to spend my earnings.

I really liked the profile because it does boil down to two things for me when Nov 7 comes - taxes and the Patriot Act. Both of which Tester has stated he wants to repeal.


The profile did clarify Tester's tax stance with the following:

Tester, in fact, has favored keeping two tax breaks ending the marriage penalty and the tuition tax credit while ending the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment